Roger

From: Jim Charlton <charltn gmail com>

I tried your font changing solution to alter the font for my gtk3
application.  I was unable to change the font by putting gtk-font-name
in settings.ini regardless of where I put that file or the value of the
environment variable XDG_CONFIG_HOME... or the actual font name.  I
found this to be true on both MAC OS X (Yosemite 1010, Gtk3 and Gtkmm3
built with jhbuild) and on my Linux Ubuntu box.