GTK, can GtkNotebook have a single control and all tabs pointing to it?

Hello,

I'm an SWT developer. We build SWT on top of GTK.

In swt, some developers like to create a GtkNotebook (TabFolder) with many tabs but all pointing to the same
control. (sigh, odd, I know...)

The control is a viewer, and changing tabs changes the content of the viewer.

However, in gtk I haven't been able to make this work. If I add the same child twice, it gives me warnings
and errors:
  gtk_notebook_append_page (GTK_NOTEBOOK (notebook), child1, label1);
  gtk_notebook_append_page (GTK_NOTEBOOK (notebook), child1, label2);

Warning:
(gtk3_testing:17322): Gtk-WARNING **: Can't set a parent on widget which has a parent

Theoretically speaking, can a GtkNotebook have tabs that all point to the same control? (and we just listen
to tab-changing events)? Or is this impossible by principle of widget-hierarchy?

Thank you

Leo Ufimtsev | Intern Software Engineer @ Eclipse Team