GtkTreeView - Conflict between one click editing and selection

Hi,

i am working on an application which uses GtkTreeView. I tried to start editing the cells with one click by
setting the focus of the cell in the row-activated callback like this:

static void
on_row_activated (GtkTreeView *treeview,
                  GtkTreePath *path,
                  GtkTreeViewColumn *column,
                  PsppireVarSheet *var_sheet)
{
    gtk_tree_view_set_cursor (treeview, path, column, TRUE);
}

However, this interferes with the selection process because the row-activated is signalled which will start
the editing mode when I start the rubber band. Is there a way to start editing in a spreadsheet like way with
just one click without interfering with the selection process? A video of the application without single
click as mentioned above is here: https://youtu.be/4xS0Beb0Gdo

Friedrich