Re: gtk_widget_queue_draw_area much slower in gtk3 than gtk3

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 22:16:32 -0700
dmg <dmg uvic ca> wrote:

is there any suggestion on why is this happening, specially when it
was working properly  under gtk2?

I have really no idea what is the cause, but it is something I have been
thinking about for a while... In one on-line course the text written on
the screen was horrible - very segmented, nearly unreadable.

Another course had great graphics, even with (fast) handwritten text.

I'm quite sure that there is a trick to this, and I suspect that the
samples are passed to a bezier curve generator to smooth out segmenting.
I have been meaning to experiment with that idea in gtk...

John