Re: more of a C question than GTK+3.0??

On 6 Sep 2014 03:12, "Gary Kline" <kline thought org> wrote:

=====
Of_Interest: With 28 years  of service  to the  Unix  community.

        things that I *thought* might work by using

s = gtk_label_get_text(GTK_LABEL((GtkWidget)buf));

        fails.  (with contains the String "label1")  I have a index,
        "n" that can range from 1 to 99--whatever GtkWidget *label I
        need.  the next thing that occured was some kind of

        typedef struct
        {

                GtkWidget  *label1,
                           *label2,
                           *label3,
                           *label999;
        } Labels;

        can abybody clue on how to use my n index counter to stick
        one of the "labels" so they show up on my arrow window?

        thanks much.

--
 Gary Kline  kline thought org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service
Unix

This definitely calls for an array:

GtkWidget *label[1000];

as you cannot reference to a variable with a constructed name (like $$a in
PHP). If your struct holds only pointers, though, you can also cast it to
an array:

((GtkWidget **)label_list)[99]

but I haven't tested it, and highly discourage it.