Re: how to i get the arrow-buttons moving?

=====
Of_Interest: With 28 years  of service  to the  Unix  community.

On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 04:45:37PM +0200, Marcus Karlsson wrote:
On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 04:39:00PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
here are thee labels that show up when you use the gcc compile string.
how do I get the up- and -down arrows to point at the label and echo the
"label strings"?

You need to update the view when your signal handler is invoked. All you
need is somewhere to store which label is currently selected, update it
when the signal handler is called and update the view accordingly; for
example by updating the label attributes. You can then use
gtk_label_get_text () to fetch the text that a label displays.

              Marcus

        thanks for your input, marcus, but could you give me a few lines of
        code?  I tried using the gtk_label_set_text() for over an hour
        last night until it felt like my shoulder was going to drop off and
        fall on the floor!

        other than usinng "g_signal_connect()" to bail out with a Quit,
        the only times I see anything to do with a signal are after going
        GTK_ARROW_UP or _DOWN....  I may have misplaced the
        gtk_label_get_text() stuff.

        iv'e got:

        gtk_label_get_text(GTK_LABEL(user_data), buf );

        which now looks aways off...  need more clues.

        gary

--
 Gary Kline  kline thought org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
             Twenty-eight years of service to the Unix community.