Re: gtk_window_set_geometry_hints woes

Le 24 octobre 2014, Norbert Zeh a écrit :

This doesn't quite achieve what I want as it does not constrain the
geometry of the main window.  In order to ensure its child has a fixed
aspect ratio, the GtkAspectFrame introduces horizontal or vertical padding
if its own aspect ratio is different.  The ability to provide a geometry
widget to gtk_window_set_geometry_hints seems to be designed to solve
exactly the problem I'm facing, except it doesn't have the desired effect.

From the name it looks like gtk_window_set_geometry_hints works on
windows. Your constraint results in a variable aspect ratio for the window; it means the system would have to compute an aspect ratio for each cursor position during window resizing. I've never seen any app doing this, especially video players which would be a perfect candidate for this feature, so I guess it's impossible.

Just my 2 ¢.

--
Lucas Levrel