Re: GtkHeaderBar minimu width

On 11 Oct 2014 18:46, "Damien Sandras" <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have started porting Ekiga to use new GTK+3 widgets.

That's great news, I like both very much :-)

I am using a GtkHeaderBar in the main window. The main window mainly
displays a roster.

The problem is that as soon as I use a GtkHeaderBar, the window seems to
have a minimum width and can not resized below that minimum width.

That minimum width is a bit to wide, at least for a roster.

Is there a possibility to fix this?

Checking on with th header bar sources, it has its own
get_preferred_width() method, which calculates the preferred width based on
the children of the header bar. My first thought is to subclass
GtkHeaderBar, chain up to get the width calculated by calling its original
get_preferred_width(), then adjust it if needed.

Thanks,
--
Damien SANDRAS

Ekiga Project