Re: Deprecated function ed icons on button

hi;

On 6 October 2014 17:42, Colomban Wendling <lists ban herbesfolles org> wrote:
Hi,

Le 06/10/2014 18:23, Gergely Polonkai a écrit :
[...] Creating image buttons may seem a  bit harder than before.

As far as I can read, he spoke about GtkImageMenuItem, which for some
reason I never saw explained got deprecated (possibly because GMenu
don't support icons for another reason I didn't understand) -- and for
which I don't know a reasonably usable replacement.

two corrections:

  - GMenu supports icons
  - GtkImageMenuItem is just a GtkMenuItem with a GtkImage inside it

you can replace GtkImageMenuItem fairly easily, though you probably
want to stop creating menus using GtkMenu and friends anyway (and use
GtkBuilder instead), and you want to limit icons to noun items (e.g.
bookmark items), instead of having them on verbs (e.g. commands like
Save, Open, or Quit).

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--