Re: Re: GTK threads and socket operations

hi;

On 26 November 2014 at 10:27, Sergei Naumov <vomus rambler ru> wrote:
Is there any tutorial on them? I searched the Web and did not find any good
tutorial on GTK threads.

the only tutorial needed is probably something like:

  Q: Can I use GTK API from different threads?
  A: No.

if you have a long-running operation in a thread, you need to schedule
UI updates in the same main context used by GTK — i.e. use
g_timeout_add(), g_idle_add(), or g_main_context_invoke() to schedule
a function call from your thread, and pass the data needed to update
the UI to that function.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

 26.11.2014, 12:41:16 пользователь Bernhard Schuster