GTK widget focus control

Hi,

I'm trying to get a C++ GTK application that works under GTK 2.2 in Ubuntu 10.04 to run under GTK 2.24 in
Ubuntu 14.04.  I'm having a problem with focus control in the new system.  Some screens with edit fields
still handle the keyboard Tab key properly by moving focus to the next widget; others do nothing when Tab is
pressed.  Using Tab to move focus works on all screens in the old system.  In the new system, if I click on
any edit field, it accepts focus, so it doesn't seem to be a "can-focus" type problem.  Any ideas what to
look for, or what has changed in focus handling between these?  (Some code has had to change between the two
versions, so it's not exactly the same code base and something may have been broken but none of the changes
have been related to focus control as far as I know.)  I've read the GTK FAQ and a number of online postings
related to GTK focus control without finding anything.

Regards,
John Boncek