Re: gtk+-3.14.x - icons super sized

Maybe this is an icon-theme issue. It seems to be strictly isolated to the
icon them ubudao-style-1.4.5.

Sorry for the noise.

Dan

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 3:59 PM, Daniel Kasak <d j kasak dk gmail com>
wrote:

Hi all. I'm back with more icon issues. Sorry :)

I've just built glib ( gtk+ wanted a newer version ) & gtk+ on Gentoo by
bumping the ebuild version numbers and using emerge. I build manually to
enable the broadway backend. I just came from gtk+-3.12.2.

In pretty much all cases using X11 now, my icons are HUGE. This happens in
my own applications, and also in apps like Glade - ie the menu bar.
Interestingly, the icons render at the correct size when using the broadway
backend.

Example:
http://tesla.duckdns.org/images/x11_vs_broadway.png

In this particular example, I've used Glade to create the buttons with
icons. Other cases though - where I construct things in code, are similarly
affected. Example code:

my $icon   = Gtk3::Image->new_from_icon_name( $this_item->{icon_name},
"button" );

I assume this change is not to be expected? Any ideas?

Dan