Re: Gtk-CRITICAL assertion failed (file dialogs?)

Hi all,

Looking at my stack backtraces a little closer I'm pretty convinced this is a file dialog problem:

Looks like maybe something in gtk+ has detected a change in the file system and is trying to remove an entry from the file dialog's list, completely unaware that the dialog is no longer displayed?

I've recoded to fully implement the create->run->destroy cycle whenever I use a file dialog and am now testing. If my app doesn't crash over the next week I will assume this is fixed (and will file a bug report against the gtk+ docs as I don't think this rather important point is ever mentioned anywhere).

Does anyone know if other gtk+ dialogs do this sort of spontaneous background self-reorganization? I use the simpler dialogs created by gtk_dialog_new() in the same manner as I was using file choosers, i.e., create once and use/re-use repeatedly. Is this likely to cause trouble? I believe that so far it's not, but I wonder what might happen several gtk+ releases into the future?

Thanks,

Roger