Re: Help replacing GtkDrawingArea with GtkLayout

Hi,

Didn't before but may be check the following:

g_object_set(G_OBJECT(layout),
  "app-paintable\0", TRUE,
  NULL);

gtk_widget_set_events (GTK_WIDGET (layout),
  GDK_EXPOSURE_MASK
  | GDK_LEAVE_NOTIFY_MASK
  | GDK_BUTTON_PRESS_MASK
  | GDK_BUTTON_RELEASE_MASK
  | GDK_POINTER_MOTION_MASK
  | GDK_POINTER_MOTION_HINT_MASK
  );

On Sun, 2014-03-02 at 14:47 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
I want to replace the existing GtkDrawingArea with a GtkLayout in a
large application (GNU Denemo).
When I do this just by substituting gtk_drawing_area_new() with
gtk_layout_new(NULL, NULL) I do not receive the configure_event and
scroll_event signals, although the code gtk_widget_add_events ..
GDK_EXPOSURE_MASK is still in place.

I suspect this is to do with the cryptic note that drawing has to be
done to the bin_window instead of window, but beyond that I am stumped.
The draw event is being handled fine, and mouse button clicks etc are
all working.

Any help in migrating from GtkDrawingArea to GtkLayout would be much
appreciated.

Richard Shann