Re: Re:Help replacing GtkDrawingArea with GtkLayout

On Mon, 2014-03-03 at 16:49 +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:
On Mon, 2014-03-03 at 15:17 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
I have constructed the following minimal example,

Yes indeed,

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkWidget.html#gtk-widget-set-events

This function must be called while a widget is unrealized.

Thank you for giving this some thought. I think it is not the case
however that the gtk_widget_show_all() call causes the "widget to be
realized" in gtk-speak, it just sets a flag on the widget to say it
should be visible (I am guessing).

I think I have just made a breakthrough with my problem however -
setting the configure-event signal handler on the parent GtkWindow
widget instead of the GtkLayout window it contains causes it to fire
off. I have tried this with the scroll-event too and that works. Why
this should be different from the case where I use a GtkDrawingArea I
have no idea, but it looks like I am cooking with gas!

Thank you once more

Richard