Re: GnomeDateEdit emits no signal on editing entry

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 17:33:56 +0001
Bernhard Schuster <schuster bernhard gmail com> wrote:

Can you provide a complete minimal compileable example? Did you open a
bugreport?

Best

Hi Bernhard, Emmanuelle,

I did not submit a bug report because I thought I was doing something wrong.
I couldn't really imagine this could really be an issue, given, like
Emmanuelle said, it is a very old widget, and the fact that this really
seems to be a basic functionality.

I just wanted to have two dates 'begin' and 'end' date, and have 'end'
date follow 'begin' if 'begin' is edited. I hung a handler to the changed
signal, and this worked if a date was selected in the calendar, but not
if modified in the Entry field.

Yes, I could implement this by combining a Button, an Entry, and a
Calendar. I find the Calendar useful for small changes, but the Entry
is much easier for large steps (and copy-and-paste).

It would be a pain if GnomeDateEdit would be deprecated without a new,
equivalent widget in gtk. I use it fairly frequently, and I've seen it
used many times.

For the moment, I solved the problem with a 'copy' button to sync the
dates. If I find a moment, I'll make a small app to show the problem.

John