Polar drawing widget, gearwheel drawing

dear all,

I have some Gtk Applications (in C) and now I want to add a functionality for displaying kind of
gearwheels with different number oft teeth.
Basically this should be an visual support for parameter editing, maybe as a wizard.

The gearwheels doesn't have to be very fancy, but I need to draw a arbitrary number of teeth, and I
need to adjust the angular position of this. So far I don't need any mouse interaction on the
produced graphic, but this request might come.

Point is that I don't want to spend a lot of time in this feature, so I am searching for the easiest
solution, especially since I never did some pure graphic programming like this, just a little bit 2D
plotting with get-extra and normal Widget usage.

I thought best for this round thing would be an polar drawing mode.
I know that GtkExtra has a polar Plotting capability, but it might be not the right solution for my
purpose.

Any Suggestion for me?

thanks
  Arne