Re: snowloadcount wizard gui in qt, qt for android then in gtkmm(gtk3)

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 6:57 AM, David Marceau
<uticdmarceau2007 yahoo ca> wrote:
C++ with gtkmm is straightforward and no qtcreator/gui builder
necessary. Just coding it by hand gives exact results.
I am going to rewrite the same app in golang with the go-gtk binding.  I
can foresee it will be the most enjoyable to code.  I enjoyed coding web
stuff with golang over any other language by far.  IMHO golang is a
better c++.

The less time you spend coding in lowish-level languages like C and
C++, the happier you're likely to be. But if you like the bracey
style, check out Pike - comes with GTK bindings, and is an excellent
language. I heartily recommend it for one overarching reason: it
supports the full Unicode range in its native string, efficiently and
without UTF-16 warts. If your users' names could be anything at all,
you need to support Unicode, and that means you don't want something
that represents everything as bytes. I know of only two languages with
true full Unicode support, possibly three: Python (as of version 3.3)
and Pike, possibly also bash (but that's not an applications
language). Both Python and Pike are excellent languages in many ways,
and both work well with GTK (Pike comes with bindings, Python you can
easily grab a third-party module).

ChrisA