Re: Best practice query: Entry field "user's done editing"

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Christoph Schmeding
<schmeding altair de> wrote:
We have the same need in our application, i.e. we don't want to "validate" or "commit" on every "change" in
the entry.

We also have hooked validation on the "focus-out", and additionally on "activate", which is emitted when
the user hits the "enter" key in the entry.

Ooh, didn't think of handling the Enter key. That might be worth doing
as well. Will poll some of my users... thanks for the tip!

See, this is why I was hoping for a generic event called something
like "done with editing", in the same way that there's a generic
"paste" event. It's up to the UI and user config to specify exactly
what triggers a paste, and up to my application to simply process
that. But in the absence of such, I'll just collect up advice and mock
something together.

ChrisA