Re: Using OpenGL with GTK

On 16 Feb 2014, at 02:59, Rena <hyperhacker gmail com> wrote:

What's the ideal way to use OpenGL in a GTK application? It seems like
there are a few not very good options:

1) GtkGlExt: great except it doesn't support introspection, so I can't use
it from a scripting language without manually writing a binding for it. Not
sure if it's still supported? A bug to add introspection has been open for
ages.

2) GtkGlArea: seems to be a predecessor to GtkGlExt?

3) SDL: no introspection here either, plus I have to have a separate window
for the OpenGL render.

Is there another way?

you can use Clutter (and Clutter-gtk to embed a clutter “stage” in a GTK window) and cogl (low level GL used
by clutter) for opengl-like stuff.