Re: set classic interface in Gtk.colorbutton

On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 12:18:21 +0100
rastersoft <raster rastersoft com> wrote:

I'm using a Gtk.ColorButton in an app to set a color, but I need it to
have alpha value. The problem is that the new ColorChooser interface is
confusing for the users, because, by default, it shows just a list of
opaque colors and they have to click the "+" button and then it shows
the classic interface to select a color with transparency. Is it
possible to show by default that classic interface, or, at least, to add
a transparency slide in the main interface?

I am by no means an expert on the matter, but I cannot find any way to
make this happen. A far-fetched trick, which probably would be unreliable
anyway, would be to synthesize a button click on the '+' by software,
maybe even before the show() or show_all() is called.

Unreliable, because possibly a change of theme might change the position of the
+ enough to make it fail.

If you make your own ColorButton, you could call the ColorChooserDialog manually,
and add things (like an alpha slider) to it?

John