GTK application scene drawing

Hi all,

This may have been asked many times already but still if you people can
provide some guidance it'd be really helpful.

I am creating a 2D GTK application in which user can draw entities like
point, line, circle, ellipse, etc.

I have some experience working with QT. And in that I have QGraphicsView
and QScenegraph using which I can add items to the scene. The items here
would be those entities.

Now I wish to have something like this so that it'd be easier for me to
transit to GTK.

I know about GtkDrawingArea which can be used to draw with Cairo library.
But Cairo is still pretty limited as compared to Qt, with focus on the
entities/items.

I want that it'd be easier to work with these items in context of their
selection, modification, etc.

I heard about GooCanvas and Clutter.
GooCanvas is not in active development since few years, so that is ruled
out.
Then comes Clutter which I tried to use but could not understand how each
cairo drawing would be added as actors to the stage.

If there is some solution available for my problem then please suggest so.