Re: Support for websockets

You could, it nothing more than a wrapper around a standard socket.
But you'd have to implement the WebSocket protocol.
There are no 'official' glib-based websocket implementation, as far as
I know. There is this [1] fork of libsoup on github that contains one.
Not really sure if it works nor if it will be merged in libsoup's
master branch. As the name of one the branch suggest this could be a
development made for cockpit [2] a server management web UI, and thus
my guess is this websocket implementation originates from RedHat.

By the way, libsoup is a glib based HTTP client/server library.

Regards,
Nicolas.

[1]: https://github.com/djdeath/libsoup
[2]: http://cockpit-project.org/
[3]: https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Projects/libsoup?action=show&redirect=LibSoup

I would like to know if we can use the g_socket functions for opening a
websocket client.

JP