Re: When to free GtkBuilder

On 2014-04-18, at 10:31 AM, Tristian Celestin <tristian celestin outlook com> wrote:

Is it necessary to keep a GtkBuilder object around once I've obtained references to relevant widgets and
connected the widgets to handlers?

No, there is no reason to keep the builder object alive after that point - some existing code does that just
because it enjoys calling calling gtk_builder_get_object() a lot - no other reason.

Cheers,
    -Tristan

Lots of code I've seen doesn't free the builder after it's been instantiated, such as in this example:
https://github.com/chergert/custom-gtk-widgets/blob/master/eggpanel/main.c