GSettings on Windows

I'm working on converting GnuCash from using GConf to GSettings.

I'm currently at a point that the code doesn't call GConf anymore. The keys and paths still
contain underscores instead of dashes, because on linux I'm still testing with gconf as gsettings
backend.

On linux this works fine. So I wanted to test the same on our Windows port. On that platform I
am using the default backend (ie I don't explicitly specify a backend). Compilation works fine
and the program starts, but no settings are stored or loaded from the gsettings backend.

As far as I can see, I did everything according to the migration guide and I am unsure how to
proceed to get this working.

The schema files are found alright. Otherwise the program would have crashed. But I don't see a
GSettings section appearing in the registry. I have created it manually just to test, but no keys
are stored below it.

GnuCash is using GLib 2.28.8 on Windows. I verified that version comes with a gregistrysettings
backend. I have no idea though if it's actually used.

How to proceed from here ?

Thanks,

Geert