gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders on Windows does nothing.

Some years ago I was building GNU Denemo on windows and had some help
with running gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders. For some years now we have been
building the program by cross-compiling on GNU/Linux systems.
I don't think we have ever sorted out how to run the
gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders automatically on installation, however.

As a first step, I have tried to run gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders.exe
manually (with elevated permissions). The program executes but does not
seem to perform any I/O. It is built without debug symbols
unfortunately, but running it under gdb it will break at fopen a couple
of times, but otherwise there is no sign of it doing anything.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

(I should add that the program runs fine - apart from not loading .svg
files for which a loader is present - making extensive use of gtk)

Richard Shann