Re: changing font, color, size, etc. in a GtkEntry

Eric Wajnberg wrote:
However, as I've mentioned in my original post, functions like
pango_font_description_from_string, etc. are not recognized in my coding
environment (while I can define pointer to things like PangoFontDescription
without problem).

This looks weird to me. Is there some specific libraries or headers I have to
load or declare before? Or are these fonctions available on GTK 3 only, and - if
yes - what can I do, then?

(I am coding on Windows with CodeBlocks 12.11 and GTK 2.24.0).

Pango is not tied to a GTK version. You can use GTK 2 for this.

What do you mean "not recognized"? The compiler reports an undefined function? The linker reports an undefined function? The function has been around for a very long time (at least since Pango 1.10) so this is not something new. It appears your development environment is missing headers and/or libraries.

Something to consider: I cross-compile Windows binaries under Fedora using MinGW packages. You may find this a better alternative as packages will be up-to-date (GTK 2.24.22), packaged properly, and find some support from the packagers and upstream in case something like this goes wrong.