 From: David Buchan <pdbuchan yahoo com>
To: gtk-app-devel-list list <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 5, 2013 1:09 PM
Subject: Re: Valgrind is grinding my gears

Perhaps relevant, is that I have a large struct which I use to pass stuff amongst functions and callbacks and
I allocate memory for it in main() thus:

  // Allocate data structure
  data = g_slice_new (MyData);

and then free it at the end:

  g_slice_free (MyData, data);

Maybe Valgrind has trouble with g-sliced memory?