Re: g_callable_info_get_n_args assertion fail -> core dump

Hey list,

I'm getting this very rare and unpredictable error which is difficult to
replicate. I have a secondary Python worker thread which very rarely
creates the following error:

        ** (Main.py:32524): CRITICAL **: g_callable_info_get_n_args:
        assertion `GI_IS_CALLABLE_INFO (info)' failed
        **
        ERROR:girepository/gicallableinfo.c:150:g_callable_info_is_method:
code should not be reached
        Aborted (core dumped) /usr/bin/env python3
        "${PythonLauncherMain}" "${Arguments[ <at> ]}"

With something like that, I'm totally stumped on where to begin
debugging. But one thing is clear, I do call the following before doing
anything with threads...

        GObject.threads_init()
        Gdk.threads_init()

Any help appreciated =)

Hi Kip and list.

Did you found answer for this problem?

I have similar problem, in my case when user click, I create N objects that
using same DBusConnection create a DBusProxy for every N object and call a
Method (no error here) but when user change something that kill objects I
use same DBusConnection and create DBusProxy for every N object (again) and
here I have same problem.

I "solved" (testing) this using shared proxy instance.

http://pastebin.com/MtJyzhTT (my code)

To me the most annoying thing, is don't throw exception just kill app :)

[]'s
Hugo