Fixed origin zoom with goocanvas

I am trying to create zoomable goocanvas, which zooms towards the current pointer position instead of the
center of the visible part of the goocanvas. Unfortunately my correction offset seems to be correct
mathematically but does not work if I implement it.

As the implementation spans some lines of C-code, I created a structured question at stackoverflow
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15212219/goocanvas-coordinate-systems-and-zooming
I hope this kind of pointer is acceptable for this mailinglist.

Thanks for your time, I'd appreciate any kind of tip or pointer.

Best regards,

Bernhard