Re: GUI freeze and long blocking operation

On Sat, 2013-06-15 at 09:54 +0100, jcupitt gmail com wrote:
I never found the Python debuggers very useful. Event-driven programs
are not a great fit with traditional debuggers, in my opinion, because
execution is so non-linear. You are running tiny scraps of code all
over the place in an order set by an external driver that varies
between runs.

Totally agree.

I use an interactive python interpreter to try stuff out, plus a lot
of logging. For example, I did a music player that pulses a set of
lightbulbs in time:

Yeah, I all too often find myself having to resort to that as well with
Python.

  https://github.com/jcupitt/huebert/blob/master/huebert/controller.py

That's so cool. That's a great gadget too.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred