Re: How to prevent windows to be raised at the top of the stack when clicked?

Thank you, Kurt !

I'm a complete newbie in Linux programming, and I didn't realize that the
window manager could be configured on an application-basis.
It worth definitely a look.

Thanks again,

Kurt M. Bruhnke wrote :

Have you tried looking at the settings for your window manager? I know
with mwm (yes, I still use it) you can change the button bindings so that, for
instance, a mouse button down in a window can call f.nop instead of the usual
f.raise. Depending on how standardized your window manager wants your
applications to behave, you might be able to fix your problem by reconfiguring
your window manager. You may even be able to do this on a window class or window
name basis which would be done in .Xdefaults.

Olivier Guillion
Myriad
26 rue Michel de Montaigne
31200 Toulouse
FRANCE
http://www.myriad-online.com
Download here the latest version of our shareware programs, view the online
tutorials or get info about Myriad and its activities.