Re: Get the summary from a key in GSettings

rastersoft wrote:
I'm creating an extension for Gnome shell and want to simplify some
parts of the configuration. To do so, I need to get the summary text
from GSettings, given its key. I've been checking the C API but I can't
find a suitable method. Is there a way of doing it without parsing the XML?

I took a quick look and there doesn't seem to be a method to get the
summary text.

The normal way to use preferences in a Gnome Shell extension is to use
GIO Settings, but it only touches the actual values and doesn't provide
a way to read the summary.