Re: widget to represent dial/speedometer kind of object

Hello Mahesh,

At the first glance, I would recommend you to review the old library:
http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/aicwl.htm But the main difficulty is that
the library has been written with Ada. Probably, you can try to adapt
required gauges that you like to the Cairo backend in C or C++.

Another solution that you can try to implement is to use SVG files and
render them with the library rsvg or cairo surfaces. Actually, I do not
know what is the recommended way. In the past, I used rsvg with GTK
2-something. SVG files you can make with Inkscape, and then simply rotate
necessary parts (arrows) with the code.

Hope this information helps you!

Let us wait if somebody has a better recommendation.

Kind regards,
Vest

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Mahesh Chaudhari <