Re: Updating GUI during long operation

On Fri, 2013-04-26 at 10:14 +0100, Lucas Levrel wrote:
Maybe do you "only" need to lower the worker priority? I think OSes by
default set new threads to the same priority as the spawner.

Hey Lucas. Great idea, and I'd love to do that. My worker thread is
derived from a Python threading.Thread. Unfortunately I don't believe
that due to the way the GIL is implemented, you can change the thread
priority. Otherwise that would be a very good place to start.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred