Removing stale dconf keys

Hi,

My name is Clint, and I'm one of the developers working on Shotwell.
As part of preparing a fix that migrated our dconf keys away from
/apps/ and into an officially-blessed location under /org/yorba/, we
recently discovered that there didn't appear to be any way to delete
the data in the old path after we'd copied it over to the new one.

How do we fix this?  Is it even possible, and/or should we be trying?
A search reveals several others having asked similar questions, but no
definitive answers...

Cheers,
Clint