Re: gtk apps on iOS/Android?

On Mon, September 10, 2012 3:40 pm, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 3:15 AM, Michael Torrie <torriem gmail com> wrote:
On 09/07/2012 07:40 AM, Allin Cottrell wrote:
I'm contemplating trying to produce a version of my gtk app
for tablet use. Can anyone point me to relevant resources or
examples? At this point I'm totally clueless about porting to
tablets (though I'm able to build my app for OS X OK), and I
haven't found googling to be very useful.

Basically you'll want to get a book on developing android apps, download
the sdk, and go to town.  All in Java of course.  And using the Android
UI toolkit.  GTK+ is not available on Android or iOS, nor will it likely
ever be.  Use the native toolkits.

interesting, wouldnt the quartz backend for osx build for iOS ?

not exactly sure but I think the NSView and highlevel cocoa stuff
is built upon the same low level windowing apis that are available
on osx...

You can compile other languages on android and ios. I'm not sure that
anyone has tried to port gtk to android or ios yet.

probably inevitable though so if it's your thing than I'm sure you will be
able to make something happen.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd