Gdk-CRITICAL error with GtkStatusIcon tooltip

Hi All,

I'm having some issues with a GtkStatusIcon, specifically, displaying
its tooltip.

I create the icon fine and set its tooltip text using
gtk_status_icon_set_tooltip_text(). I make the icon visible using
gtk_status_icon_set_visible(icon, TRUE) and it shows on the system tray.
When I put the mouse cursor over it, I see the tooltip text, as
expected, but in the console, I get the following message:

Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_get_root_coords: assertion
`GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

What am I missing?

Should I be setting the window of the status icon explicitly?

Thanks,

Piotr