Retrieving process ID from Vte.Terminal

Hey list,

I am using Python 3 with GObject introspection over Gtk+ 3 to create a
Vte.Terminal widget. Up to date and reliable documentation on this
widget is scarce. If one uses the fork_command_full() method to create a
child process in the aforementioned terminal widget, how does one then
retrieve the child process ID?

Version 0.26 of the Vte.Terminal documentation claims there is a 9th
parameter to fork_command_full() method which is used to store the
child's process ID, but my implementation claims there is no such
parameter. Maybe it was removed.

Any help appreciated.

PS Please remember to cc me.

--