Re: learning gtk+ well: Which book to buy?

Hello Howard,

I am afraid to disappoint you, but in this case books will not help much.
GTK+ was changed significantly comparing to GTK+ from the 2007.
The best way to start learning is to read a documentation, play with demos
and tutorials, examine other non-complex projects. If you are able to find
a copy of the book, you may read it fast and skip many sentences just to
get a brief idea :)

Best regards,
Vlad

27 ÐÐÑÑÐ 2012 Ð. 20:45 ÐÐÐÑÐÐÐÐÑÐÐÑ Christopher Howard <
christopher howard frigidcode com> ÐÐÐÐÑÐÐ:

Hi. I want to have a thorough and well-formed understanding of how to
use gtk+, which I'm not quite getting from the API. What would be the
best book I can buy right now? The most up-to-date book I see is
Foundations of GTK+ Development (2007) but not having a lot of money to
experiment with, I was hoping to get your recommendations before buying
anything.

--
frigidcode.com
indicium.us