Small main loops for simple operations

Using GIO with asynchronous mounting/unmounting. This requires a main
loop to be running in order for the callbacks to work.

So, I already have a main application that uses a select based main
loop. Can't change this unfortunately.

When the main loop receives a mount request, a function is called that
creates a GMainLoop and performs the mount, waits for the callback, and
kills the main loop.

Now, I would like to add an unmount operation to this, so my plan is to
create a new GMainContext and create a main loop within this context.
Thus, my mount and unmount will have two separate main loops within
different main contents. This could possibly running at the same time.
One mount for another device, and an unmount for a completely separate
device.

Am I opening myself up to a whole can of unwanted behavior or am I OK in
this regard.

Thank you.

Note: This is not a GTK+ app. I am only using glib/gio.