Re: noob question: g_signal_connect()

On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 10:07:16AM -0900, Christopher Howard wrote:
Hi. I've installed the api documentation from the source code for both
gtk+ and glib, but I can't seem to find an api description of
g_signal_connect().

http://developer.gnome.org/gobject/stable/gobject-Signals.html#g-signal-connect

----------
  g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (button[0]), "draw",
                G_CALLBACK (draw_callback), NULL);
----------

Could somebody please explain two things:

1) What is the purpose of the string in the second position in the
parameter list?

That is the signal name â the same as listed in Signals section in the
description of each object.

2) What is the purpose of the fourth parameter slot, with the NULL in
it? Can other options go there?

It is a pointer that the callback function will get as its last
argument.  You can use it to pass additional data to the callback.

Yeti