Re: Changing the bar colour of a Gtk progress bar

On 25 Jun 2012, at 01:30, john beritz wrote:

What version of Gtk are you using and on what O.S. ?
In gtk+-3.4 gtk_widget_modify_fg has been deprecated, you should use: gtk_widget_override_color()

Thanks Jay.  That isn't relevant to me as we're still using version 2.  You got me wondering though....
suppose a widget has more than one colour (e.g. a foreground colour and a background colour).  How does
gtk_widget_override_color() know which colour you want to override??

But I would use CSS.

We ended up using style sheets as they also provide the ability for progress bars to be "flat colour" style
or "candy bar" style.  In fact, that seemed to be the only reliable way of changing that actual bar colour
AFAICT.

John