Re: Need control of filename entry area in gtkfilechooser

On 13 January 2012 04:34, Ferdinand Ramirez <ramirez ferdinand yahoo com>wrote:

When I type in the filename into the filename entry area in gtkfilechooser
dialog, I want to intercept the text that is entered, modify it and then
display it in the filename area. How do I do this?

For a regular text buffer, I know how to do this: I can do a
gtk_text_view_get_buffer and then have a callback for insert-text. I can
then modify the text that is entered and then insert it into the buffer,
all from inside the callback.

I want to be able to achieve the same thing for filename entry. Does
anyone know how to do this?

I don't think the GtkFileChooser API allows you to do this. However maybe
you can connect to the "event" signal as the GtkFileChooser is a GtkWidget,
and do some things from there.

Regards,
Vivien