Re: window icon resolution

Hi.

When I call gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file() to set a window icon, the resulting
image in the Gnome Shell ALT+TAB switcher is fuzzy and clearly
low-resolution.

The window icon is a 128x128 pixel 24-bit PNG file. When I have the file
displayed in another viewer (eog) and ALT+TAB, the Gnome Shell image is
smaller than the full image in eog, but clearly fuzzier and lower
resolution.

Other applications such as Pidgin, Firefox, or Geany display clear,
high-resolution icons.

What am I doing wrong that other applications are doing right? I checked the
Geany source and saw it had inlined the GdkPixbuf image and loaded it that
way. Why would that make a difference?

Not an expert, but my guess would be that gnome-shell loads images on
it's own based on what is defined in your .desktop file when this file
is available. Do you install this file for your app?

Cheers,
Tadej

--
Tadej BorovÅak