Re: GUI freezes waiting for callback function to return

On 14.12.2012 11:03, Federico Zamperini wrote:
I suggest you to read these interesting pages:

http://blog.borovsak.si/2009/06/multi-threaded-gtk-applications.html
http://blogs.operationaldynamics.com/andrew/software/gnome-desktop/gtk-thread-awareness

Very valuable articles and blog posts.

Now I know that threading in GUI apps (using GTK+) is much harder then I
originally thought it is. Although my use case is very simple I must
employ complicated threading machinery. I'm playing with
consumer/producer pattern and separate worker thread and I hope it
doesn't blow up in my face. I've also found application that works
similarly to my own - baobab (disk usage analyzer).

Thanks for all shared ideas and resources,
Mateusz Marzantowicz