Re: duplicating GtkBuilder created widget objects

On Sun, 2012-12-02 at 13:35 +0100, Tomasz Jankowski wrote:
I think, that you cannot easily copy widgets. In such situation I
usually use gtk_builder_add_objects_from_file().

When we do this, can there be two sets of objects with the same name? I
dont think so. Scenario: There is one top-level window (win-a). And, a
button in win-a brings up another top-level window (win-b). Each click
on the button should bring a win-b. There can be more than one win-b at
the same time. If I do Builder::add_objects_from_file, wont there be a
name clash of widgets from the new file and the ones already there?

I am now using multiple GtkBuilder objects. I moved win-b into a
separate glade file and load it every time I need a new window. Is there
a better approach?

--
Joe Steeve
HiPro IT Solutions Private Limited