gi._glib.GError: Invalid object type `VteTerminal'

Hey list,

I've created a window through Glade 3.12.1 which contains a VTE widget
within one of its sizers. It looks fine in Glade, but when I attempt to
call the builder's add_from_file("Gooey.glade"), I get the following
error at runtime:

$ ./Main.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./Main.py", line 194, in <module>
    navigator = NavigatorApp()
  File "./Main.py", line 48, in __init__
    self.builder.add_from_file("../Gooey/Launcher.glade")
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gi/types.py", line 43, in
function
    return info.invoke(*args, **kwargs)
gi._glib.GError: Invalid object type `VteTerminal'

I am using Python 3.2.3 with binding for Gtk+ version 3.4.2. This is
strange because I am pretty sure I am importing the necessary modules
prior to loading with builder via the following:

from gi.repository import Gtk, Gdk, GObject
from gi.repository import Vte, GLib

Any help is appreciated. I'm finding the documentation on programming
Gtk+ 3 via Python 3 scant. Not to mention distros compounding the
difficulty frequently with old packages / bindings. Something that might
help would be a simple minimal that instantiates a Glade defined VTE
widget using Python 3 / Gtk+ 3.

Thanks for any help,

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer