printing from gtksourceview on Windows

I'm experimenting with using GtkSourceview plus GtkPrint to get syntax-highlighted printout from my app. I'm using gtksourceview 2.10.5, in conjunction with

* gtk 2.24.6 on Linux
* gtk 2.14.3 on OS X
* gtk 2.16.6 on MS Windows

On Linux and OS X the printing works fine, but with the same code on Windows there's some sort of problem with units of measurement.

At first, on Windows I got a virtual "page size" of about 2 x 3 centimeters: lines were ellipsized after just a few characters and a new page was started every few lines. I tried working around this by using gtk_print_operation_set_unit (with GTK_UNIT_MM) before doing the printing. This changed the output, but it's still wrong: now the virtual page size is much too big: there's no bottom margin and the text "runs off the bottom of the page" and disappears.

Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this? I'm wondering if this might be a known issue that is solved in more recent gtk, or if there's any known workaround for use with gtk 2.16.6. Thanks!

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics