Filter functions and client side windowing

Hi
I have been using the GdkFilterFunction mechanism in my library for snooping
and processing certain events coming from the Xserver.
My code involves the correct detection of the corresponding gdk-window on
which the XEvent originated. Since the migration to client side windowing,
that mechanism has changed and so every XEvent is reported only on the
single Xwindow.
I would like to know if there is a method or api which can give me the
appropriate gdkwindow in the filter function.

Sorry to be posting this question so late considering that the client side
windowing was introduced ages ago. But i would really like to know if
somebody has faced a similar situation and how it can resolved.

Thanks
Rhi

--
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning

Maverick